ROCK and Honorary ROCK of the Year Award
2018 General Guidance for the ROCK of the Year (ROY) and
Honorary ROCK of the Year (HROY) Awards
- The ROCK of the Year award recognizes distinguished Rocks members who have made significant and sustained contributions to the Armed Forces, the US military officer corps, and the Rocks Inc.
- The Honorary ROCK of the Year recognizes distinguished senior leaders who have made significant and sustained contributions to the Armed Forces, the US military officer corps, and the Rocks Inc.
- The National Board establishes the award criteria based on input from the ROCK of the Year committee and National Board deliberations.
- The RHROYASC Chairperson will submit a final report to the National Board NLT 60 days following the ROY/HROY selection board that includes committee findings, selection process feedback, and recommendations.
- Award criteria will be reviewed annually by the National Board.
On behalf of The National Board of the Rocks, Inc. and the Rock of the Year Committee, the following winners were selected for the 2018 HROY/ROY awards:
ROCKS of the Year:
GEN Carter F. Ham, USA, Retired
LTG Leslie Smith, USA
COL Shelia Howell-Flowers, USA, Retired
Honorary ROCKS of the Year:
GEN James C. McConville, USA
Bobby Burke Award
Purpose: The Colonel (Retired) Robert “Bobby” B. Burke “ Award is bestowed upon members of the ROCKS, Incorporated who meet the criteria established in the Robert B. Burke Award SOP.
On behalf of The National Board of the Rocks, Inc. and the Bobby Burke Committee,
the following individual were selected for the 2016 Colonel (Retired) Robert “Bobby” B. Burke Award:
LTC Craig L. Evans, USA
LTC Darren T. Spears, USA
National Chairman's Award
National Board of the ROCKS, Inc.
2018 Chairman Awards Recipients
TO BE POSTED