As the VP for Mentorship, I am responsible for:
1. Development of the ROCKS, Inc. Mentorship Program.
2. Promulgation of the program to the membership.
3. Adoption of the program by the Chapters/Interest Groups.
4. Ensuring adherence to the program's policies & procedures that results in effective mentoring of our junior Officer & DA Civilian members across all ROCK, Inc. organizations, so as to set them on the path to a successful career.
Goals for 2017
- Update the ROCKS, Inc. Mentorship Program Policy and Procedure Manual and distribute to Chapters/Interest Groups.
- Facilitate a heightened level of awareness of the ROCKS, Inc. Mentorship Program among the membership by publishing an excerpt on mentorship in each edition of the ROCKET during 2017.
- Ensure the program is promulgated to all Chapters/Interest Groups and is a topic of discussion during all monthly meetings by reviewing Chapter/Interest Groups Quarterly Reports that now require them to report out on mentorship program status.
- Insert ROCKS, Inc. Mentorship Program status as a topic of discussion during all joint National Board/Chapters/Interest Groups teleconferences.
- Seek to achieve at least a 80% active participation rate of the program by Chapters/Interest Groups in 2017 through review of comments on mentorship program status contained in Quarterly Reports.
- Complete a mentorship program Annual Assessment Report in January 2018 that assesses the status of implementing/inculcating the mentorship program across the organization.
- Actively mentor the Fort Bragg & Leavenworth Chapters to ensure adherence to National Board policies and assist in mitigating issues/problems that arise.
- Create a brochure about the mentorship program and distribute to Army General Officers and other key Army stakeholders.