As your Vice President, Finances, I provide leadership and oversight of the organization’s financial planning and resource management functions to ensure fiscal transactions and reporting conforms to generally accepted accounting principles.
My responsibilities entail the follow:
• Direct and coordinate financial planning and budget management functions
• Monitor and analyze monthly financial activity against budget forecasts;
• Oversee daily operations of the organization’s finance and accounting activities by approving every organizational expense;
• Manage the preparation of all financial reports;
• Guide the preparation of financial forecasts for the organization;
• Ensure the organization complies with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements;
• Lead the National Board in the development of an annual budget based on zero-based budgeting concepts;
• Assist in establishing the organization’s short and long-range financial goals, objectives, policies, and fiscal operating procedures;
• Coordinate the execution of required financial audits and oversee the implementation of audit-generated recommendations to exhibit proper fiduciary responsibilities, and;
• Provide chapters and interest groups assistance with the establishment of sound fiscal tactics, techniques and procedures.
With those responsibilities, I regard the following as my goals for 2017:
- Increase the organization’s financial transparency
- Establish an organizational reserve
- Fully adhere to disciplined and structured fiscal and strategic planning